On the Road with Your Best Friend
For many of us, our pets are our family. Often, we load our pups in the car for a road trip just to find out our vehicle is not very pet-friendly… it’s not very safe, not very comfortable and not inductive to a clean car interior.
Here are ten ideas you can use to make your car more pet-friendly:
- In-Car Tether – Prevent dogs from jumping into the front seat or falling during quick stops with this functional product. Visit http://www.kurgo.com/dog-travel/kurgo-auto-zip-line-leash-zip-line-combo/
- Pet Seat Covers – After you’ve spent the day playing with your pet at the beach or running in the snow, keep your seats dry and free of dirt with a pet seat cover for bucket or bench seats from Kraco.
- Seat Covers – Keep your car’s front or back seats protected year-round from pet scratches, tears and stains with fabric or leather seat covers from Kraco. Visit http://www.kraco.com/seat-covers/
- Floor Mats – Available in all shapes and sizes, check out this floor mat that doubles are a cargo holder for pet toys and also holds groceries for long road trips. Visit http://www.kraco.com/floor-mats/
- Squeegee – Check out this post that shows how to get hair off of car carpets and upholstery by running a squeegee over the mess and picking up the resulting clumps. Visit http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/21/how-to-remove-pet-hair-carpet-squeegee_n_1818295.html
- Glare Guard – Use these sunshades while traveling as a spot glare reducer for pets. Check out the cute designs for juveniles that could also be used for your pup. Visit http://www.kraco.com/sun-shades/
- Pet Insurance – Many times, pets are along for the ride when accidents happen. There are many pet-friendly insurance companies that will cover injuries to your pet. Check with your auto insurer to see if they offer pet coverage and read this informative post http://www.carinsurance.com/Articles/pets-car-coverage.aspx
- Dog Ramp – For older or smaller dogs, use a pet-friendly folding ramp to help pups get in and out of the car easily. Here’s a link to one example. Visit http://bit.ly/1XAtssR
- Baking Soda – Sometimes our pets have accidents in the car. Soak up urine or vomit from your interior carpet with a natural ingredient like baking soda. Check out this informative and cute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxB0QyDF8kQ
- Ozium – Get rid of reoccurring pet odors with fast acting, bacteria eliminating Ozium. Visit http://www.kraco.com/portfolio/ozium-odor-eliminator/ for more info.
So there you have it. And if you have any ideas that we haven’t included here, feel free to comment and send pictures. We’d love to hear and see how you make traveling easier with pets.